Become that vital link between the communities we serve and our recycling depots.
We need you to help people to recycle their old computer ink cartridges, mobile phones, CDs, DVDs and clothes by promoting the collection of clothing bags and other recyclables in your area.
Role location: The role is based out of either Skirsgill Business Park in Penrith or Newton Aycliffe, but you could be helping at various locations within your local community and/or places of work.
Hours: We are looking for volunteers who will be able to meet and make regular communication with our recycling team up to once a week, depending on activity. You should be available to support community recycling drives at agreed times within your local community throughout the year.
Applicants must be aged over 21.
- Promote and coordinate a local recycling appeal for your own locality
- Supporting a leaflet drop in your local area
- Delivering/collecting bags of recyclables to/from a required location within specific timescales
- Liaising with the Trading Company to schedule in planned collection routes
- Engaging with supporters who have requested a collection
- Good organisational skills
- A clean driving licence
- Physically able to lift bags of clothing and other recyclable items
- You’ll need to be polite and happy to communicate with the general public
- Access to a telephone and can use a computer to send emails
- The ability to work individually and as part of a team
- You must have been driving for at least a year
The following would all be desirable but not essential:
- Good knowledge of the local area
- Comfortable with cash handling
- Your own vehicle